In order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority and to empower the citizens to secure access to information under the control of each public authority, the Government of India has brought out an Act, namely, “The Right to Information Act, 2005", (RTI Act) which came into force on 15.6.2005. In accordance with the provisions of section 4(I)(b) of this Act, the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India (GOI) has brought out this handbook for information and guidance of the stakeholders and the general public.
The purpose of this Handbook is to inform the general public about the Ministry’s organisational set-up, its functions and duties, records and documents available in the Ministry, etc.
This handbook is aimed at the public in general and users of the services provided and the schemes, projects and programmes being implemented by the Ministry and its various organisations.
Central Public Information Officers (CPIOs) of this Ministry have been designated with reference to the work assigned to the Divisions concerned. Persons requiring any additional information may contact the CPIOs. Their particulars are available in chapter 8 (Manual – 7) of this Hand-book.
The website of the Ministry of Tourism (http://www.tourism.nic.in), of which this Handbook is a part, provides information about the policies and programmes of the Ministry to the general public. In addition, information about the activities of the Ministry is made available through its Annual Reports. This document for the year 2009-10 is available to the general public as part of this website as also on another website of the Ministry namely http://www.incredibleindia.org.
In accordance with the Department of Personnel & Training Notification No. 34012/8(S)/2005-Estt. (B) dated 16th September 2005, the procedure and fee structure for getting information not available in this handbook will be as under:
- A request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section 6 of the RTI Act shall be made, either in person or by post, to the CPIO concerned accompanied by an application fee of Rs. 10/- by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque or Postal order payable to the Pay and Accounts Officer, Ministry of Tourism, New Delhi. Payments in person will have to be made at the Facilitation Centre for the purpose in the Ministry located at the C-1 Hutments, Dalhousie Road, New Delhi or at any of its field offices.
- For providing information under sub-section (1) of section 7, the request shall be made as at (a) above and the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque or postal order payable to the Pay and Accounts Officer, Ministry of Tourism, New Delhi at the following rates :-
- Rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
- Actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
- Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
- For inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of rupees five for each fifteen minutes (or fraction thereof) thereafter.
- For providing information under sub-section (5) of section 7, of the RTI Act, the request shall be made as at (a) above and the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque or Postal order payable to the Pay and Accounts Officer, Ministry of Tourism, New Delhi at the following rates:-
- For information provided in diskette or floppy, at the rate Rs. 50/- (fifty) per diskette or floppy; and;
- For information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or Rs. 2 (two) per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.